So you’ve gone ahead and spent a nice chunk of change to have someone built out your new website or new blog or even worst you’ve gone ahead and spent countless hours building it out yourself, so now what?
Guess what? That new website or blog will be needing some maintenance from you. The amount of time you’ll be putting into maintaining your website will largely have to do with the amount of new content you are adding to it. Will you be adding new content once every month, two weeks, week or daily? These are questions you should be asking yourself.
For business owners who will be very active with their website or blogs I like to recommend hiring a WordPress Virtual Assistant. Trust me if you are adding new content every day or worst multiple times a day you will want to hire a little help who can navigate and manipulate your WordPress site with ease. This can be time consuming for your average Joe! So without further a do, I present my WordPress maintenance checklist:
WordPress Website/Blog Maintenance Checklist:
- Engagement: I like to do #1 on a daily basis. I like to keep an eye out for any new comments on pages or blog posts I have uploaded. You have created a website and a blog for one reason and that is to grow your online presence. Keeping in touch and responding to people who are engaging on your site will do just that!
- Keep An Eye Out For Spam: Spam sucks for many reasons! First it just looks cluttered and adds no value to your comment section. Secondly a comment section with a lot of spam is less likely to be engaged with. Your site ends up looking like a messy room thanks to spam. If you want to be taken seriously make sure to clean up your spam.
- Themes and Plugins Updates: Do you know one of the major things that contributes to site hacks? Out dated Themes and Plugins! Out of date themes and plugins are a serious security issue. Many updates are actually fixes for bugs and security holes so make sure to have your WordPress Virtual Assistant keep an eye out for any new updates.
- Update Your WordPress Version: Look at point #3 to see why updating your WordPress Version is important. Besides keeping you up to date with the newest options an update to your WordPress Version will keep your site safer. Just make sure to do a complete backup of you site being making any major updates.
- Toss Out Unused Plugins: Chances are your concerned about your SEO rankings if you are running a website or a blog. Too many plugins can contribute to slower loading of your site which can affect your page rankings on search engines such as Google. It is important to keep plugins limited to ones that are essentials and discarding any plugins that are not being used.
- Check For Broken Links: Another major thing to keep an eye out for when talking about SEO. Broken links can affect your rankings and just make your site seem plain bad and unprofessional to visitors. There are various broken link checker plugins in WordPress. Make sure your WordPress Virtual Assistant makes good use of them.
- Backups: Backups are a must! I know from personal experience! Years ago when I created my first blog I had a little incident in which my site was hacked. Although I did backups every few months that wasn’t enough I still had a lot of work ahead of me to get my blog back up to par. There are dozens of tools that allow you to backup your site ensuring that you can restore your site if anything goes wrong. Remember: If you are adding content on a daily basis make sure to do a backup once a week to be on the safe side.
If you’re looking to ramp up your website then contact us today at Up Automation for your free 30 minute consultation to discuss how our WordPress Virtual Assistant Services can be of some help to you![/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row admin_label=”Row” make_fullwidth=”on” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”on” use_custom_gutter=”off” padding_mobile=”off” allow_player_pause=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” make_equal=”off” parallax_1=”off” parallax_method_1=”off” column_padding_mobile=”on”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_post_nav admin_label=”Blog Navigation Section – Do Not Touch” saved_tabs=”all” global_module=”116279″ in_same_term=”off” hide_prev=”off” hide_next=”off” prev_text=”Previous” next_text=”Next” title_font=”Montserrat|on||on|” title_font_size=”20px” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#000000″ border_style=”solid”] [/et_pb_post_nav][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”Section” background_image=”https://upautomation.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/abstractbackground50.png” transparent_background=”off” background_color=”#fcec41″ allow_player_pause=”off” inner_shadow=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” custom_padding=”0px|0px|0px|0px” make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”on” make_equal=”off” use_custom_gutter=”off” fullwidth=”off” specialty=”off” disabled=”off”][et_pb_row admin_label=”Row” make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”on” custom_width_px=”1080px” custom_width_percent=”80%” use_custom_gutter=”off” gutter_width=”3″ custom_padding=”0px|55px|0px|55px” allow_player_pause=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” make_equal=”off” parallax_1=”off” parallax_method_1=”off” parallax_2=”off” parallax_method_2=”off” parallax_3=”off” parallax_method_3=”on” parallax_4=”off” parallax_method_4=”on” disabled=”off”][et_pb_column type=”2_3″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”center” header_font=”Raleway||||” header_font_size=”33px” header_text_color=”#b61537″ text_font=”Open Sans||||” text_font_size=”23″ text_text_color=”#606262″ text_line_height=”1.8em” use_border_color=”off” border_style=”solid” custom_margin=”65px|||” disabled=”off” border_color=”#ffffff”]
It’s Time to Ditch Frustration.
Schedule your free 30 minute consultation with
Shannon Kuykendall, DMCP, ICP
today to discover your path to freedom…